Introducing yourself is an art. Books have been written on it. Courses have been taught on it. Over the years, I’ve crafted multiple introduction approaches myself.
Here’s one that worked well:
I’m Mayur (pronounced M-yoor) and I’ve helped an action thriller author sell over 200,000 copies of his books.
Here’s one that did not work so well.
My name’s Mayur Gudka. I build mobile-friendly websites, I write blog posts, I create content, I do social media, I do email marketing, I do search engine optimization, I do … (the person ran away).
All of this is true, by the way.
Who am I?
I’m a family man with varied interests.
I’ve been told, knowledge comes from books and wisdom comes from god.
Based on the amount of reading I do, I can definitely tell you I’m somewhat knowledgeable.
But, I believe my wife has all the wisdom.
And my kids? They’re kids, they’re goofy, they’re adorable and I love ’em to death.
What do I do?
I build businesses, I write, I speak when opportunity presents and I invest in other businesses.
I started my first business at the age of 11, a comic book “store” along with a friend. Since then my business ventures have matured. I’ve had many failures, some successes and a lot of learning experiences.
Today, all of my businesses operate under Gudka Networks, LLC umbrella. Through this, I own and operate several businesses:
What people think about me.
- My kids think I can do everything in this world. I’m very grateful for them.
- My clients undoubtedly believe I can turn their businesses around and help them acquire and retain customers. And, I do.
- My wife says, I’m wild at heart. She ought to know.
- My cousins consider me a really good investor. I am.
- My martial arts teachers tell me I’m good, but I have great potential. Sometimes it feels, they’re literally trying to beat it out of me.
Sign up for my free email newsletter. They’re really cool.
Everyone has beliefs and principles that guide their life and thought process.
Here are mine.
- Always believe in yourself and believe in possibilities whether others do or not.
- When you do things with intent, you get intended results.
- To be in the classes, look at the masses, and do the exact opposite.
- Every solution has a problem. If we don’t have it, someone else does. But, it’s there.
- You can either make money or you can make excuses. But, you cannot make both at the same time.
- Ego and pride are the worst things you can own. Dispose of them as quickly and as often as possible.
Have you signed up for my FREE email newsletter yet?
- My parents
- My uncle, Veni Sumaria
- Bill Britt
- Mahatma Gandhi
- Sanjiv Gomes
- Warren Buffett
- Charlie Munger
- John Wooden
- John Maxwell
- Robert Schuller
Here are some conversational starters for when you meet me.
- I fluently speak, read and write four languages.
- I have learned 3 different styles of martial arts.
- I’ve been called an IT God, a Marketing Magician & a Turnaround Expert.
- For the last 10 years, I’ve spend 15 hours every week learning and growing myself. It’s a habit that has paid huge dividends.
- I tell the best jokes.
Here’s a joke for you.
A man went to a political rally. After listening to a long, boring speech, he turned to the person sitting next to him and said, “This speech was so boring, my butt fell asleep.” The other person said, “I know. I heard it snore twice.”
Connect with me
Let’s keep in touch.
My emails ROCK! Sign up for my free email newsletter!